Thursday, 27 February 2014

Office Essentials



WORKING 9 - 5

I work in a technical role for which I am based in an office. To be honest, I don't even know what my job title is. Is that bad? Rather than the Dolly Parton 9 - 5 more like 9am - 5.30pm and sometimes till 6pm, Monday to Fridays. I do get lazy and literally roll out of bed 5 minutes before I have to leave. Giving me enough time to get ready for work where 90% of the time, I only wear concealer to conceal those dark under eye circles.

At work, I have a little beauty section which consists of my main must haves for work. The main two items are lip balm and hand cream. Any spare lip balm I have lying around and doesn't require using my fingers in such as Burt's Bees Lip Balm is a requirement. Burt's Bees isn't the best I've used but I might as well use it up as it is very efficient! Secondly is hand cream. It gets really cold because of the air conditioner that's on and auto adjusts according to the current temperature, which can leave me with dry hands. I like to use a little bit of Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream Blackcurrant Leaf every time I wash my hands and whenever my hands start feeling dry. A cream that is absorbed quickly into the skin is a must.

I also have an eyeliner and eyelash glue. For the 10% I have makeup on (mainly basic, simple makeup), eyeliner and eyelash glue are also considered important and are there whenever I need a quick fix. Bringing the spares with you is a good way of using up forgotten makeup without resulting to spend money, meaning you can clear out space to buy new products. Good idea yes?

What are your work or school/college/university makeup essentials?

26 comments:

  1. a hand cream is definitely a must in those dry air conditioned place i call work =D The extras are a tiny vial of perfume to smell great all day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love Burts products and all of these sound perfect to keep your skin, nails and hands moistened all day

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my essential is to have a brilliant moisturiser for my face and hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dollywink eyeliner is definitely my office essential!

    LIVE . IN . LOVE ✞

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post and so true, I might even steal your idea and do this post x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great essentials want to try burts bees.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lip balm and some sort of moisturiser are definitely essentials for me. Especially since the weather is still so cold! Hurry up and come spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the burt's bees in peppermint, smells like after eights! I definitely think hand cream and lip balm are a must have for working, especially in winter! Great post xx
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be working at an office job this summer, it's good to be aware of things like this that might be useful. :) And I agree that Burt's isn't the best ever. It's okay, but not the best.

    kittencuddler.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great little selection - I have Burts Bees stashed all over my desk! :) GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  11. its a differnt post u came up with. office essentials !! i have seen travelling essential post .. but this is good one :)

    ok and i cannt go without kohl pencil ... i am a sucker for it ... so this is my must one :)



    Beauty Redefined
    My Latest Post :
    Lakme CC Cream - Review | Swatches


    Bloglovin|Google+|facebook|Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. My office essentials are lip balm, hand cream and hand sanitiser :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also have a hand cream and a lip balm always in my bag! I so agree with you that they are the absolute necessities!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great office essentials, I always keep my lip balm on pocket <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh must have item is burts bees amazing , lovely post hunx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. You have an amazing selection of products. My college beauty regimen includes only eyeliner and lip balm/gloss. I guess I'm really boring when it comes to makeup. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I've always bring lip balm and hand cream with me due to the air conditioning room make my lips so dry. Btw I'm using burts bees too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. i dont even makeup at work bcos no body will see bcos all my colleague run outdoor...lol and i only apply hand cream when i sleep as I feel it's too greasy for me especially when i hv to type on my lappie...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lip balm always was a huge office and school essential....Im such an addict!!!
    giglove!

    novelstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Out of all , my favorite is Burts Bee's lip balm !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the lip balm - I like this post - cool idea - giglove -http://www.carolinefashionstyling.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. bb cream with sun screen, and pink blush.
    Lovely article.
    xxx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do not split my make-up for work / non-work days... I just have one routine and only change something when some special day comes around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mine are cc and bb cream, eyebrow-cara, lip gloss and lipstick. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brightens up my day. Leave and comment and I'll reply back. Remember to check back. :).

Feel free to tweet me any questions if you want a quick reply @yuk_lui :) and follow my blog on Bloglovin.